Saturday, April 26, 2014

The World in the Head Grandfather

The World in the Head Grandfather
Grandfather once told me that the world is laid on top of a similar creature turtle . " But , " he said grandfather again , " Do not ever imagine him as a regular turtle . He long fangs like a sea lion , the legs are very similar to bird feet , because the world moves quickly . Changed during the night was not just a matter of days , weeks , or months . "
I remember an old picture . A man named Atlas carrying the world on their shoulders ball stocky . Statement grandfather wanted me on based picture that came into my head . But he was my grandfather . No one can deny his words . He
was a former soldier . Often he told how the atmosphere in the independence war . Of course the style of a fiery speech that we are forced to listen ( because grandfather had often told ) also feel the spirit of combat while firing at the enemy .
" You know , at the tail creatures such as turtles , there is a very wistful face . " He adds . " The face ? ' I'm surprised to hear it , and I ask him , " Does that mean creature has two heads or two faces ? " Grandpa chuckled . "It's not . Not like that . It was just an imaginative picture of memories . That face belonged to a goddess . Precisely the Goddess of Fertility . Since the world started with the fertility of trees and plants . "
I still do not understand , how could the face of a goddess is at the tail creatures like the tortoise , but I'm lazy to argue my grandfather greeting . Nodding my head just seemed to understand his words . Grandfather 's eyes glared at me . " You do not understand what I'm saying , is not it? "
" Well , I 'll tell you how it actually happened . When God created this world . God wants everything organized and in control. The sage called creatures that have been created before the plants , animals , and humans . Creatures that are very large and live in the darkness of outer space . Of course no one could see because they are hidden and invisible . And they came , there were four beings who hear God's request , two human-like creatures , but has the opposite properties . One likes the excitement , there is an animal on his shoulders like a lion but always laughing . The other one is very happy with violence , cruelty , and anger . Near her chest like a beast of a dragon . When the Lord asked one of them to bring this world , they are acting immediately . That brings the lion laugh out loud and say God demands it very impossible. That brings the dragon to grumble and say that God demands of heavier duty that incites men to do evil . "
" I know one other thing is the tortoise . Do they, Grandpa ? " Grandfather that I interrupt the story about the world that transported the turtle to an end . Again grandfather looked at me sharply . Apparently he was not happy to be interrupted so much .
"If you do not want to listen . Alright . You go play ! " He said .
Hearing his voice rising , I certainly do not want to disappoint him . Anyway, this time of night , where could I go outside and play ? So I put the look of pleading that Grandpa wants to continue this story .
" One other thing is like a woman . He had long hair and loves to preen . A pair of legs similar to the foot of the dragon on the shoulders of Anger . And the most astonishing is her breasts which amount to tens . That being said many people as Mother Earth . She undertakes no God because his request is smaller than the others . After all , if he shouldered this world , of course there was no time for him to preen and look at his face in a mirror is always in his hands . "
Up here , grandfather again look at me . Noting bored if I go back to listen to storytelling or even excited . Apparently , I started grandfather possessed the imagination in the story . I enjoyed what was described by him in the story . Unimaginable to me is where grandparents get this kind of story . The story never read in the scriptures . I started to look calm , grandfather continued his story , " Abide creatures like the tortoise . See her back strong and hard , without saying another God put the world on the back of the creature . "
" So , just like that story? "
I ventured to ask again because the grandfather was silent as if he wanted to say the story was finished .
" The story actually begins. Because the world is put on the backs of creatures like the tortoise , then there was a commotion of three beings who had not wanted to bring that world . They were asked for part of the God-given task . Finally , God gave them the task . The joy of being asked to guide the course of a turtle , Anger guard at the back, so that the world does not wobble or fall out of the back of the turtle creatures . And Mother Earth perched there is overseeing the world this world . Because it is in our lives we must always put the joy in the day -to-day . We may be angry with us if we fail . And we must always keep our lives in order to grow everything , fruitful , and flourish . Growing our ideals , bear all that we do , and beautiful views all people . Also , we should always be careful and vigilant . Walking with the full calculation , and can deal with hazards like a turtle into the shell , and still recalls the lush stuff . The things that make us always think positive . "
This time I just nod as understood . It turned out that what was told grandfather was a very valuable advice even though wrapped in the story is very strange to me . A smile spreading across my lips . Strange story but has a good story message .
" What about the man , Grandpa ? Does Grandpa have a story about the origin of man ? ' I'm curious .
" Hahaha . You know that the man fell to the curse in this world , is not it? Let me tell you that when a man descended into the world , he freefall that landed in this world with head down and feet up . "
" Ha ? How can you , Grandpa ? "
" God deliberately made ​​it so. Him so that man is not arrogant . Moreover , so that people know that if the situation upside like that, then he felt the limits of himself and all the pleasures that can be achieved is death . "
Today, I was in the back garden of a luxury home . Perhaps because of haste , or the rest of the night drunk , I do not remember why this during the day as I was sitting uncomfortably on a folding stool dark red . A pair of feet wearing brown leather shoes , and a pair of almost matching . At the top I was wearing a white shirt , or perhaps someone who did not realize I was this morning , there were predominantly white sweaters but with plaid dark brown . Like a sweater that had been gifted to me from a friend who runs a person walks out of the country . Either Europe or America . I think I started to hard to remember everything that happened in my life . Instead of once - used , this afternoon I also do not understand why I was in the back garden while sitting awkwardly on a folding stool dark red .

In the confusion , I try to practice what is referred to as the science of environmental observations . I see in every direction , what was there , what was going on , and some passers-by in the back garden . Slowly I began to understand that in the back garden is being prepared a feast . In some parts of the garden has been laid out food on long tables . On the back there are a few lights and loudspeakers . Near the pool , there is a small stage with background boards are decorated with pictures and also the words " Happy Birthday " which indicates that a party in the back garden this is a birthday party . So , I am here as a guest of someone's birthday party invitations . The question is , who 's birthday it is , does he have a relationship with me , or the most important is who has brought me here ? All these questions must be answered before this started crowded place . At least not that I can adjust and mingle with the other guests .

Perhaps , one of the guests will be asking the same question with my question . Such as what my relationship with the person 's birthday . Or it could be more detail as to ask when the first meet or what opportunity I never met with him . It should be soon I found the answer . So I decided to get up from my seat . Else to go is the rear of the house across the middle of the pool were littered with colorful balls . Maybe that seems more lively garden party was . Not long ago I was walking , someone immediately took my arm .

" Where to, sir ? "

I immediately turned to him , a woman with a sweet smile . His hair was jet black and fragrant . Her eyes remind me of someone who had been in my mind for a long time .

" Ranti ? "

Suddenly I could remember the name of someone who has just flashed in my mind after I saw his eyes .

" No, sir . I am the Goddess , her daughter . "

Daughter? Why all this time he never told me if you already have children ? She was married to whom ? In my heart I merutuk because during the day that are not filled with blistering and colorful in the back garden I actually gagged with a variety of questions that could be asked to immediately get the answer .

After setting up the breath , I motioned to him to come with me back to the ranks of the old red benches . He nodded and like a good boy , he took my arm and led me to it .

" If I may I know who has brought me here ? " It's actually not the first question that should I find out from a row of questions I had , but this will give me a lot of light on the dark hole that enveloped my mind .
But I wonder , why he smiled at the question . Looks like my question was a joke .

" Mr . This morning , the father woke up very early . Then showered and dressed . And because you're saying that this day should attend Mr. Mom 's birthday party , the same Mr. Mas Saso , brought here . "

"Wait a minute . Briefly . Mothers who are birthday ? " That first question in the question list , just been given guidance that it was the birthday girl. Mother called him .

" Mother Miranti . My mother . "

Miranti ? Well , coincidence ! I could ask him now what is my relationship with the birthday . Then where is he?

"She is long dead . Five years ago . Mr forget ? Ah . Mr definitely start senile . "He told me flatly , once , but soon turned his face cheerful . Then he said, "You know , Mas Saso often told me , that he wanted to like Mr . Although long-dead mother , father against mother love still burning . The proof , as long as five years , Mr. never gave Mom held a birthday celebration ! "

So ? Miranti is my wife and the goddess who was talking to me is my son ? Why I can forget all of this in one night alone ? What happened to me last night ? Again . The more questions enter my mind . But I'm not like that , trying to find the answer immediately . I decided not to ruin someone's birthday with the revelation that I 've started to forget everything that happened in my life . I returned to practice the science of environmental observations by looking at a small stage across from the pool . But the sunlight that bounces off the surface of the water makes my eyes feel very glare , and suddenly make my tears fall .

Goddess immediately issued a tissue from her purse and wiped her cheeks and eyelids , as he said , " my mother would be happy there see you still love him very much. "

Again, she smiled at me .


Someone who I found in the Rain
" Rain damn it ! 'I merutuk small . Took off my jacket and shook it back and forth because of the wet . My eyes catch someone standing awkwardly in the shade of the roof of the bus stop . Hair, clothes too wet shoulder . He may be the same with me , stopped running because it was raining suddenly . I do not want to get acquainted , though in my mind finding a few names such as Sri , Maya , or Galuh .

Suddenly , there are tantalizing questions for me to say to him , "You also hate the rain ? " He smiled and nodded as if in agreement. Until another question just slipped , "Why ? "

" The rain slows an appointment , " she answered quickly . As if it is a conclusion of a series of stories she wanted to . In my mind the dots themselves . This girl , whether Sri , Maya , or Galuh its name , is heading a place that has been agreed upon by him and a friend or lover that were located not far from here so he walked away and he was forced to stop because of the rain suddenly came .

" It looks like rain will cancel a story . " I like being forced to tell because the short answer earlier . Then I say that tonight I should be in a literary event where I will be moderating a discussion of the book collection entitled " Dog drizzle . "

" Drizzle Dog ? " He asked with a raised eyebrow . Surely he was surprised by the title of the book collection that was.

" Yes . Drizzle Dog . A book collection of the work of someone who does not need to be mentioned . Because he is not as famous or Triyanto Triwikromo Kurnia Effendi , short story writers whose work can easily be found every week in the newspaper . "

He just smiled . I knew from his expression , he did not know what I'm talking about .

" Sorry , I ramble too much . "

" That's all right . " Again, the answer is shorter than the rumble in the sky after a bolt of lightning .

I took out a cell phone out of his pocket .

" Not a good call during heavy rains , " he said prevented . Looks like he knows what I'm doing .

" Why ? "

"Mobile phones emit electromagnetic waves that can draw energy such as electricity . You could have a lightning strike , later . "

" It was scientific ? Could be accounted for ? ' I asked as I re-enter my cell phone pockets doubtfully . " How to send a short message ? Can it be struck by lightning as well ? "

He shrugged . I think he did not understand well what had just spoken to me . Or the information he received was still bits and pieces .

" I want to tell you that I could not come on time , " I said .

He pointed to a cab that drove visible in the distance . "You can take a taxi . "

" And what about you ? ' I asked .

" I 'll just wait for the rain to stop . Place Temuku promise not far from here . "

I'm speechless . Calculating the heart of how the rest of the money in my wallet . Is it enough money for cab fare to the place of literature in the area of ​​event Bulungan it or not . Actually I intend to walk toward the intersection and then from there I will rise towards Bulungan metromini . Enough with the money of two thousand dollars . If I decide to take a taxi , get out the cost of not less than twenty thousand . Moreover, this rainy , jammed the streets definitely .

" Ah . I guess why not a little late . "

" Do I have to object to it ? " He asked.

Yes. This stops anyone spot waiting for public transport . Anyone can take shelter to avoid the rain here . Including me , and Sri , or Maya , or Galuh this . I do not know what his name is . I do not want to meet him . Not because I think she is not pretty or too thin , or because of anything else . I was not in the mood to meet someone . Whoever he is .

"Do you also hate the rain ? " He suddenly asks who'd ask him .

I'm trying to remember the good verses of rhyme Sapardi , or anyone else about the rain . But nobody remembered about the incident other than a person who cries . With a baby covered and hugged tightly , she was carrying a large suitcase . Precisely dragging the suitcase . A large white house looks bright when the lightning struck . Sounds a mustachioed man mixed with the sound of thunder . Whether what he said . But clearly made ​​a woman with a baby in her arms were getting heavy tears .

It seems since then , I hate anything related to rain . Including one that I found in the rain . Such as Sri , Maya , or Galuh who were waiting in the rain to stop in the bus stop .

Suddenly I saw the dark clouds like to opt out . The rain turned into a drizzle that is not tight . A swarm of birds flew from the trees . I put my jacket back .

" The rain almost stopped. I go for now. " I said in a tone that I want out of my lips so polite . Like a child playing goodbye to his mother .


Plague Fear
At first , the fear felt by the Master Rakhim when he was about to perform the morning prayer in the prayer room not far from his home . He felt there was a big figure higher beings who oversee her movements began when he took off sandals , took ablutions , and perform prayer and remembrance .
Rakhim teachers felt that fleeting breath sounds but firmly on his neck . This indicates that there is a figure other than himself who was in the prayer room . He suddenly felt anxious perhaps this is when the angel of death came to pick up his life . However , there is also thought that the figure is perceived presence with a clear breath sounds ditengkuknya it just spirits commonly called mere lelembut .
Teachers Rakhim stop remembrance and ventured to ask someone who does not want to be visited by turning the head to the side , afraid he was surprised to see a sudden realization. Because of the stories of people , the embodiment lelembut diverse , and most people see is the embodiment of creepy .
" Greetings . If I may know who you are following all my gestures during a prayer room in it? "
Who asked not immediately answer , but once again the voice of Master Rakhim feel breath on his neck firmly . After that, then there is a voice teacher Rakhim feel someone who directly enter into the realm of mind . Rakhim teachers who do not get a lot of words he heard with his ears , but he really could understand it all . The words that make the figure very frightened at the heart of Master Rakhim . And because of that fear , rush Teacher Rakhim leave the prayer room with running to get to his house .
Nyi Mirah Ati , wife of Master Rakhim get the story after teacher Rakhim home from musala . Throughout Nyi Rakhim know Master Teacher , he is an honest man . Therefore Nyi Ati Mirah believe that Master Rakhim indeed met with the sound of his breathing sounded figure firmly in her nape . Similarly, the sayings of the figure that had penetrated into the mind of Master Rakhim . In fact not only that , Nyi Mirah Ati can feel the presence of someone who is by Guru Rakhim when they were discussing the events experienced by Master Rakhim in the morning . Likewise Nyi Ati Mirah could feel the same fear as experienced by Master Rakhim when hearing the words that expressly breathing figure .
" It's good , we went to Kyai Musaba , our teacher was , my husband. For the case of fear we feel that we have never felt before . Maybe Kanjeng Kiyai could explain why there is a fear that arises when what is said by the figure that we absorb . We also need to make sure whether the figure was derived from the goodness or evil . For when of crime , then it is appropriate that we do not need to be afraid ! " So Nyi Mirah Ati suggested they seek out the things pertaining to the figure as well as words that make them both feel fear . Even so scared .
Kyai Musaba listened very carefully to the story of Master Rakhim , because according to him the story of this kind should be examined carefully because if the wrong response would be considered a joke even absurd. Because very similar to events that only experienced by the Prophet Kanjeng old times .
" As soon as the figure that said , there is a feeling that suddenly pierced through my chest , Kyai . Feeling like I would get excruciating pain . Pain is more painful than the sword incision or even when lives are being stretched . " Teacher Rakhim describes his feelings when he listened to the voice of a figure that can only be felt through the breath sounds were firmly on the back of his neck .
" Words like what he said , Rakhim ? " Kyai Musaba interrupted , " Without knowing his words , it was so hard for me to explore whether the figure of good or evil . "
Teachers Rakhim then continue the story by revealing the words he heard , but not as a direct entry into the mind . On hearing the words that came from the mouth of Master Rakhim , Kyai face suddenly paled Musaba . His eyes glared as if he saw something terrible was happening . His hands hold the chest suddenly felt tightness . Along the same , there is breath in his neck feels firm and very close . Teachers discussed figure Rakhim and Nyi Mirah Ati seems to participate in the conversation .
Once Guru Rakhim finished, Kyai Musaba breath wheezing. Soon her take a cup of tea and spend a little cold already .
" Rakhim , what the creature that is the real situation of what we see everyday and also which has been declared by the people before us . People who live close to God . Therefore , can I be sure that you have encountered it comes to being good and the good of us all . "
The teacher paused Rakhim hear Kyai Musaba said so . Suddenly he raged in mind : what if the messages from non- voice figure was disseminated to the public .
As already known the mind of the Master Rakhim , Kyai Musaba suddenly said , " It's good indeed these messages are known by many people . Because we feel fear and the presence of a figure who seems to closely monitor the movements we will make people do good . "
So the story goes , until the messages are put fear it disseminated to the public around the residence of Master Rakhim and Kyai Musaba . On hearing the messages , everyone felt tremendous fear and feel the presence of someone who seems to supervise their movements at all times . And as expected , the change in attitude of people has changed. They became very friendly to Anybody alone . Willing to help each other and work together in hygiene activities , disaster relief , or help those who are weak and poor , which are the things that have long disappeared from the habit .
The children are usually mischievous , like booing even like ditching of the study was now a children's sweet and polite . They were very frightened because many are preaching to excess if they do not figure that feels good then the sound of the breath at the nape forced to pick them when sleeping .
Thus , even people living side by side with that fear. That fear has become a powerful weapon to make people live well . Kyai Musaba and Master Rakhim feel that their desire to spread the message of kindness and a sense of presence will figure of merit that has managed to find its purpose : People living with a very good attitude and full of goodness .
However, Sanggah , a young man who had just arrived from the town felt that kind of thing is just something that is exaggerated . " Are not we too have diwejangi about Hell , the place is dark , hot , full of wailing and crying ? But let's see , how many people actually practice their religion properly ? "
" Do not say that , Sanggah . " Muridi replied , " Probably the first people to know that we have not really watched by unseen figure of merit , whose presence can be felt only by the sound of the breath that we are firmly in the nape of the neck . "
"Why . Are not we also used often given advice that the right - left us no angels who record all our deeds ? But the evidence , people still steal , kill , rape , and even corruption ! "Again Sanggah expressed disbelief in the supernatural messages are disseminated .
" Maybe you have not felt the presence of the figure , Objection ! " Chirps the other , "You 've never felt the fear that we feel after hearing the occult messages . "
Sanggah then decided to meet his own Master Rakhim . He so wanted to know what kind of fear that makes people become very good attitude . Once invited in and sat down , Sanggah attention to every movement Teacher Rakhim carefully .
" Actually , you know what you want from me ? " The teacher asked Rakhim directly on the issue that makes Sanggah visited his home .
"Look , Teacher Rakhim , I 've heard a lot and is purported messages disseminated by the teacher and Kyai Musaba in this area . The news about the figure of supernatural beings who oversee our behavior , as well as the messages conveyed by him without a voice , " Objection expressed intent to continue his arrival , " I want to ask is whether they actually experience fear and the attendance figure when I heard the story of teachers Rakhim and Kyai Musaba ? Or they are just afraid to Master Rakhim and Kyai Musaba alone ? "
Rakhim teacher cleared his throat a moment before answering questions from Sanggah . His fingers kept moving grain counting beads , a sign was remembrance . His eyes looked glazed , as if there was something very heavy on his mind . Slowly , his eyes Sanggah look increasingly widened . As if there is something very startling . His mouth suddenly dropped open .
Teachers thought Sanggah Rakhim middle so he gives examples and Kyai Musaba experiencing extremely gripping fear . So it is with the people who heard his story together. However Teachers Rakhim not stop the fear expression . He also did not make a sound word too .
Teachers approached Sanggah Rakhim and holding his knee , a little shaken , intended that Rakhim Master came out of the situation . But Master Rakhim not budge .
Suddenly , Sanggah Nyi Mirah Ati shouted to immediately come into the living room and awaken the Master Rakhim . Nyi Mirah Ati and shook hie Teacher Rakhim body . Which was shaken remain silent stare wide-eyed and open-mouthed . The living room was soon filled with wrenching cries .
Corrected the confusion , fled the house to inform state Rakhim Master Teacher Rakhim to people in the village . That afternoon , after news broke Sanggah , throngs of people coming to the house to see the Master Teacher Rakhim Rakhim is silent in circumstances such as those hit by acute fear .
Teachers see Rakhim circumstances , all the fear grew . They further believe that what is said about the magical figure Rakhim teacher and voice messages without it is a truth . Kyai Musaba was invited , perhaps as a teacher of teachers Rakhim , Kyai Musaba could heal Master Rakhim .
For the sake of seeing the state Teacher Rakhim , Kyai Musaba his fear grew . " This is definitely an incredible fear felt by Master Rakhim . I may not be able to revive him . " Obviously Kyai Musaba .
Kyai Musaba outstretched hand on the chest Teacher Rakhim . Apparently , Kyai Musaba still get heartbeat Teacher Rakhim so not long after Kyai Musaba exhale loudly , signaling relief that Master Rakhim still lifeless .
After a long time in that condition , Master Rakhim was batting her eyelids . People cried out happily , then crowded questions posed to him .
" What Teachers Rakhim feel? Are there any visual or other occult message ? "
Rakhim teacher spoke softly , almost inaudibly , after arranging his breath .
" Anything else I should teach you all . Another fear . More powerful than what you felt the other day . "
Rakhim teacher stops talking , and take a stand like meditating . People are waiting to see what will happen next .
Before long , people were screaming to mention the name of the Lord and burst running . Nyi screams sounded too Mirah Ati and Kyai Musaba . Teachers Rakhim body exploded not long meditative stance he took . Fragments of his shattered body thrown into various directions .
Jakarta , September 2011 .
Labels : Short Stories , short stories
posted by Dedy Tri Riyadi at 11:11 PM 1 comments
Thursday , September 22, 2011
Trees in Central Square
He could only read the first time invited to cycling - rather dibonceng - mother to hear about the incongruity of what he saw in the town square . There is a tamarind tree gelugur old , not banyan , growing in the middle of the square . Yet according to the stories that are often leveled her lips , the banyan tree is usually planted as a symbol aegis of regional heads to its people . Leafy branches form a canopy that is very shady . Among the leafy branches and twigs , dozens of doves and turtledoves make nests .

He tried to spell the Latin name of the tree that gelugur acid . A name that feels very odd to get used to the accent tongue thick native land . " Tam .. mar .. rindus in .. at .. ca , " Ejanya . His mother could only smile . Proud as a four year old child could read quite fluently .

He looked at her with eyes a little sparkle . His mother knew , her heartbeat again it must be asked something . And indeed , shortly afterwards of a small mouth glide a question that his own mother did not know the answer . " What is it , Mom ? "

+ + +

He found out many years later that the name is derived from the Latin Tamarindus indica variety of languages ​​. Tamarindus is derived from the Arabic : Tamr Hindi , which means the palm of India . But he did not understand why it is called as dates, because the fruit of the tree so that the sour taste in his native land and fruit trees known as acid , not dates.

He also do not understand why in the town square banyan trees planted not in the middle but it gelugur tamarind tree . Though it is not too shady trees and branches and twigs easily broken . But he knows , his mother often make drinks with fruit acids are the basic ingredients already very ripe . Fresh drink was called sherbet . Good to drink when the weather is very hot . Young leaves can also be made a drink by mixing it with other ingredients such as turmeric , also as cough and fever . Because of this , her mother took some time to square it just took a fallen fruit , picking the young leaves and peeling bark .

+ + +

Every now and then , he looks at his mother 's eyes broke tears . And a moment later , sometimes , sad -looking face that could turn into a face full of anger . He never wanted to ask , because if he could ask - can exert pressure on the mother's feelings . He did not want that to happen .

To transform her mood , he sometimes get busy looking for crickets in the grass around the foot of the great tree . Then with exhilaration , thrust crickets caught it while chattering will be collected as many crickets for pet food birds grandfather .

Besides him , the man in the house was his grandfather . Grandparents are reserved and always busy with pet birds . Several days a week , grandfather birds chirping away contest . Actually, he also wants to arrest the birds that nest in the tree , but none of the birds in the trees resemble birds in cages owned by his grandfather .

Grandfather rarely spoke with the mother and her . Mom once told me that grandfather never approved the presence of men who had never ceased to exist around him and his mother . His father . Maybe that's what makes her often sad or angry every time I was near the tamarind tree in the middle of the square .

+ + +

Until one day , the day of her wedding , she ventured to ask his mother .

"Mom , once when I was little mother often took me away to the square picking tamarind leaves , collect the fruit , and the occasional gnaw bark . Do you remember it ? "

Her mother smiled and stroked his head that were close to the lap .

" Of course you remember . What would you actually ask ? "

With a long and heavy sigh , he asked that for years kept .


" Why are you always crying and upset every time we go there? Memories of what actually save Mother ? "